[Zope-Annce] Zope Weekly News
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 18:18:53 -0500 (EST)
Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting
events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the
Zope.org site. It is published each Wednesday evening.
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the
* Amos Lattier has started a series at XML.com about XML and Zope.
The first article is available.
* Beehive has translated additional Zope How-Tos into German.
German speaking Zope users are welcome to contribute to the
* The new Zope Front Door has been installed. Comments to
firstname.lastname@example.org are encouraged.
* Lutz Ehrlich <Lutz.Ehrlich@EMBL-Heidelberg.de> has launched the
German Python/Zope network.
"It is meant to be a lightweight and efficient means to form a
network of freelancers able to provide Python/Zope services in
the German speaking part of the world."
* A mailing list has been set up to support the Zope Mozilla
Initiative. It's address is email@example.com.
* "4am" posted a bash script to automate generating distribution
archives of Python Products.
* The Z SQL Methods User's Guide has been updated.
* "4am" has updated SiteAccess to work with Zope 2.1.
* "limi" posted the 100th How-To, which is about using
multiple-selection and selection properties.
* "dparker" submitted a tip for editing Zope resources with the
editor of your choice under KDE, and suggests that the same
technique may work for other environments.
* "sfs" has contributed a helpful document on forcing clients to use
HTTPS when using the management interface.
* chas <firstname.lastname@example.org> started a discussion titled
"Linux/Redhat advice : RPMs vs Src for Zope development ?" "chas"
is new to Linux, coming from a FreeBSD background, and he in
curious about the relative merits of installing from the sources
versus installing with an RPM.
* Christopher Petrilli <email@example.com> posted to zope-dev
to let everyone know that Even Simpson's Python Methods have been
rolled in to Zope, and are now committed to the CVS. Some
discussion of Python Methods followed.
* Dave Parker <firstname.lastname@example.org> complained that his
namespace kept disappearing when he called a DTML Method from a
DTML Method. Jim Fulton and others wrote in explaining what was
happening, why it happened, and how to pass values to a DTML
Method without losing your namespace. A lot of very useful
information, sure to cause many a forehead-slap. Jim also
mentions that you may not have to jump through this particular
hoop too much longer.
* Andrew Hall <email@example.com> has his FastCGI/Zope setup
troubleshot by the mailing list. An error in the documentation
(doc/WEBSERVER.txt) is pointed out! (Corrected in the CVS.)