[Zope-Annce] ANN: Squishdot 0.3.0 (new feature release)

Squishdot squishdot@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 05:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I've released a new version of Squishdot (ver. 0.3.0) which
incorporates the "re" patch -- it now works fine with Zope 2
out of the box.

Aside from numerous bug fixes, it has two new major features:

   * a preview posting/comment button/screen - which will allow you to see
     what your posting will look like.

   * a RDF/RSS page (useful for content syndication)

It also has some internal changes which make it easier to customize
its validation of articles/comments.

If you're installing Squishdot from scratch, I would suggest using
the latest version.

BUT if you are however already running a Squishdot site (with a lot
of data and/or customizations which you want preserved), there are
some slight complications if you plan to upgrade to the new version
(due to the internal changes I've made) -- please check the updated
documentation.

In addition, I've also deprecated the old squishdot site
at http://members.tripod.com/squishdot/index.html.

I've started to use the http://squishdot.org as the new
Squishdot home page.

You can read the updated documentation at
    http://squishdot.org/Documentation

You can download the latest version at
    http://squishdot.org/Download/Squishdot
or at