[Zope-Annce] FYI: Zope Weekly News
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:41:02 -0400
Now that Zope 2.0 final is out, it's time to start trying to understand
and put to use all the cool new stuff in Zope 2.
The new Zope.org website, while still in beta, is starting to become a
great source of information for Zope users. There are already 37 How-Tos
on the site, all searchable. The new site will soon replace the existing
* Chris Petrilli updated the Oracle and ODBC Database Adapters.
* Amos Latteier released Alpha 2 of XML Document
* Brian Lloyd posted an informative How-To on External Methods
* Work continues on the new Zope.org site. Mike Pelletier has been
hardening the cataloging and reviewing facilities and sprucing up the
existing ZClasses. Amos Latteier posted a proposal for Topic objects to
help with organizing and browsing content. Currently there are 537
Members of Zope.org!
* The 5th Berlin BBQ hosted by beehive happens Friday, September 17 at
16:00. Be there if you can make it to Berlin!
* The Portland Oregon Python Interest Group had it's first meeting on
9/6/1999. Amos Latteier gave a talk on Zope and XML. The slides are
* Evan Simpson released version 0.0.1 of his very cool Python Method
Product. This product promises to allow safe Python programming through
* Andreas Kostyrka posted a fix for using Confera 1.3.1 with Zope 2.0
* Zope t-shirts were discussed. It turns out that some already exist,
and that the have a dangerous logo on the back.
* Janko Hauser posted about CIS (Community Information System) a very
impressive looking Zope project.
* If you haven't already seen it, check out the ZDP's awesome Zope Quick
See you next week.
Amos Latteier mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com