[Zope-Annce] [ANNOUNCE] ZopeMozilla CVS, and a first setup for ZopeStudio

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 06:15:12 -0500

Hello all,

A new CVS module has been set up for code relating to the Zope Mozilla
project. It can be browsed with cvsweb:

  http://cvs.zope.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ZopeMozilla/

If you want to check out files from this module, read the Public CVS
access instructions:

  http://classic.zope.org:8080/Community/CVS_public_access

and substitute ZopeMozilla for Zope2.

We plan to give write access to the CVS to certain people in the
Zope-community in the very near future.

There are different sub-projects within the Zope Mozilla project, each
with their own sub directory in the ZopeMozilla module. Next to code
related to these projects, documentation will also be checked into these
directories. I hope to get check-in messages emailed to either
Zope-Mozilla or Zope-Checkins, when Ken Manheimer returns next week.

I have checked a first setup for ZopeStudio in. It consists of two
related pieces; one Zope Product, that generates the data needed in the
interface, and one Mozilla chrome package, that defines the interface.
Each live in their own subdir again.

To look at what I've done, you can go one of two ways:

1. Check out the whole ZopeStudio package into a new directory named
ZopeStudio:

  cvs -z7 checkout -d ZopeStudio ZopeMozilla/ZopeStudio

And then link or copy ZopeProduct/ZopeStudio into your Zope
lib/python/Products subdirectory, and do the same with
MozillaChrome/zopestudio, into your Mozilla bin/chrome directory.

2. Check out the separate packages out into your Zope
lib/python/Products and Mozilla bin/chrome directories.

In your Zope install lib/python/Products:

  cvs -z7 checkout -d ZopeStudio
ZopeMozilla/ZopeStudio/ZopeProduct/ZopeStudio

and in your Mozilla install bin/chrome:

  cvs -z7 checkout -d zopestudio
ZopeMozilla/ZopeStudio/MozillaChrome/zopestudio

After either one of these steps, you restart your Zope server, and start
up Mozilla with the command:

  mozilla -chrome chrome://zopestudio/content

When the interface has loaded, enter the URL of your Zope server and
press Enter. Have fun!

Requirements: Zope 2.x (tested on Zope 2.1.2 but should work on older
versions)
              Mozilla M12 (tested on a recent nightly build).

Thanks go to Shalabh Chaturverdi for taking my simple tree and extending
it into ZIDE, and for identifying implementation difficulties. Please do
play around and extend on it!

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149