[Zope-Annce] FYI: Zope Weekly News

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 11:53:10 -0700

The Zope Weekly News

  The opinions expressed in Zope Weekly News are solely the author's,
  and not the opinions of Digital Creations, The Zope Community
  at-large, or the Spanish Inquisition.

  Zope Weekly News is back!  ZWN has gone through a couple of changes
  in the last few weeks and we hope you bear with us while we work out
  the glitches.  If you have something newsworthy to contribute, don't
  forget to include it in the ZWN Wiki:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/MyWiki/ZopeWeeklyNews

  This weeks edition can be found at:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/MyWiki/SecondWeekofMay2000

  Many thanks to "The Other" Mike Pelletier for all the past ZWN
editions!

  And Now The News:

    o Phillip Eby proposes a number of new Property interfaces on
Zope.org:

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/Projects/Interfaces/PropertyHandlers

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/Projects/Interfaces/PropertyGroups

    o Some interesting discussion about using Interbase with Zope,
      started by Tom Deprez:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/024870.html

    o J. Michael Mc Kay asks for recommendations on Python books, and
      gets a number of thoughtful replies:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/025153.html

    o Stuart Foster finds out more about using Apache's ProxyPass
      directive with Zope:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/025242.html

    o Brian Lloyd announces a security alert for Zope, remedies for
      these problems, and plans for the new 2.2 release:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/025220.html

    o Evan Gibson posted some thoughtful comments on Server-side
      trojan code:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/025241.html

    o Jeffrey Shell announces the release of ZopeLDAP 1.0b3:

      http://www.zope.org/Members/jshell/ZopeLDAP10b3_news

    o Sean McGrath learns how to manage a "shed load" of DTML
      Methods:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/025324.html

    o A number of Zopeheads chime in on the topic of using Dreamweaver
      with Zope:

      http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-May/025303.html

    o Zope.org member hramos announces Zopers.org, a Zope site in
portuguese.

      http://yyy.zope.org/Members/hramos/zopers

    o Zope.org member ddb announces ZF Suite; tools for working with
      Zope and the 'Pike' Frontier interface:

      http://yyy.zope.org/Members/ddb/zfsuite-0.1.0

    o Zope member admin releases ActiveImage V 3.1:

      http://yyy.zope.org/Members/admin/ActiveImageV31Release

  Don't forget to join us next week!

- Michel Pelletier