[Zope-Annce] Experimental ZODB packages

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 01 Sep 2000 00:07:31 -0400

I've packaged the ZODB using the Distutils.  There are 3 packages,
containing the ZODB itself, ExtensionClass, and a few miscellaneous
Python modules that are required.

Installation instructions are at
	http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/zodb/install.html
The packages themselves are available through FTP from:
	ftp://starship.python.net/pub/crew/amk/zodb/

This repackaging is aimed at people who want to use the ZODB in their
own programs without using other Zope features; it will save the
effort of figuring out which bits of Zope need to get installed.  The
packaging is still experimental, so please inform me if you run into
problems during the installation process.

Future plans are to merge the 3 packages into a single package, and
also package ZEO.

--amk