[Zope-Annce] CMF 1.2 beta1 Released
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:49:53 -0500
Zope Corporation is pleased to announce the beta
release of version 1.2 of its Content Management
From the README
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of
services and content objects useful for building highly
dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the
CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is
intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the
types of content used and the policies and services it
* Download the CMF "tarball",
or as a "zipfile",
* The "CMF site", http://cmf.zope.org.
* The "mailing list", mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "List information and online signup",
- "List archives",
Please see "Installing CMF",
From the Changelog
- Added docs from the crack ZC docs guys; these docs live in
the top-level 'docs' directory.
- Merged CMFDecor product's artifacts into CMFCore /
CMFDefault; theses aretifacts allow use of filesystem-based
Zope Page Templates as skins.
Note that the CMFDecor skin is the one which will be
receiving all our development focus: we will fix bugs in the
DTML skins, but are not likely to invest significant effort
in upgrading it.
- Hooked 'manage_addFolder' to allow creation of PortalFolders
from both WebDAV, FTP, and ZMI.
- Improved tracebacks from broken FSDTMLMethods, which no longer
indicate that every problem is in RestrictedDTML.
- Made it possible to add CookieCrumblers in nested folders.
You can just drop in a cookie crumbler anywhere to change the
login form for that area of the site. In fact, now you don't
have to create a user folder just to change the login
- Made Link objects editable via FTP / WebDAV.
- Merged Chris Withers' FSSQLMethod into CMFCore.
- Added documentation for installing from CVS.
- Moved permission checking inside personalize_form to make
sure Anonymous cannot access it without logging in (CMF Tracker
Issue 349, thanks go to Bill Anderson).
- Added initial CMF use cases as FSSTXMethods in CMFDefault/help.
- Made validation methods of 'portal_metadata' available to
- Made skinned 'index_html' reflect generic view on folder
content, rather than simple title/description of the portal.
- Added "Change and View" submit button to content editing
forms; added check for this button to POST handlers in CMFDefault,
and indirected redirect targets in those methods through
- Added knob for skin cookie persistence to SkinsTool's
"properties" tab. The default policy (unchanged) is that
skin cookies expire at the end of the browser session. if
Skin Cookie Persistence is checked the cookie will last a
- Added an API to the 'portal_actions' interface for querying,
adding, and removing action providers.
- Added a "multi-review" form, enabling a reviewer to publish
or reject multiple items at once, using a common comment.
- Added ZMI tab to DirectoryView to allow re-basing the
- Added "breadcrumbs" to CMFDecor skins.
- Added initial support for WebDAV locaking to PortalContent.
- Added SortCriterion to list of criterion types for Topics,
to permit sorting of results.
- Added "Local Roles" action to folders to ease collaboration.
- Add scarecrow assertions for the CMF-centric interfaces, and
made the actual interfaces compatible with the standard
Zope Interface package.
- Made FSSTXMethod display skinnable, and added ZPT version.
- Added 'visible' attribute to TypeInformation actions, to
permit indirection (via 'getActionById') without exposing the
action in the CMF UI.
- Extended MetadataTool to allow adding / removing element specs
(i.e., it can now manage policies for "custom" schemas, as
well as Dublin Core).
plus many bugfixes.
Tres Seaver email@example.com
Zope Corporation "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.com