[Zope-Annce] ZCGI - Run CGI-BIN Scripts directly under Zope!

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:43:03 -0000

ZCGI has been written to address one of the only major holes in Zope - The
lack of access to CGI-BIN scripts!

I know you *can* run CGI-BIN scripts on an Apache or IIS *infront* of Zope,
but Zope is a pretty cool webserver, and for Intranet or small Internet
projects, the additional hassle of installing and configuring two
webservers, just to run CGI can sometimes lead people to avoid Zope infavor
of systems that run directly on Apache.

This product removes this last hurdle and lowers the bar for small and very
small systems.

You can get ZCGI here - http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/ZCGI

Please note: This product has only had very limited testing - I am looking
for people with a wide variety of systems to help me prove this works!

Enjoy!

Adrian...

--
The clever combatant looks to the effect of combined energy, and does not
require too much from individuals. Hence his ability to pick out the right