[Zope-Annce] [Ann] DocFinder 0.1: ask Zope about its documentation
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:01:09 +0100 (CET)
Recently, I have written several times:
Look at the Zope source for documentation.
Zope has quite good source documentation.
However, as the Zope source is huge, this advice is not so easy to follow.
Therefore, I made "DocFinder". This small product allows you to
ask any object in your Zope system about its documentation:
methods, roles, arguments, documentation strings.
As even simple Zope objects expose hundreds of methods,
I made the display a two level interactively explorable tree structure.
The first level shows you the classes, the object is build from.
Expanding a class will show you the class's attributes.
I think, this product can help you in various ways:
as a Zope programmer:
* learn about the available methods and their arguments
* learn about Zope's architecture and building blocks
* check for security holes
as a Zope maintainer
* help you to bring interfaces and implementation in line
* help you to straighten out some quirks in Zope's implementation
* help you to improve Zope documentation
* help you to detect potential security risks due to
More information and download at