[Zope-Annce] Product release: ExtFile/ExtImage 1.1.0.beta1
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:32:30 +0100
ExtFile/ExtImage Product 1.1.0.beta1 has just been released.
Get it at http://www.zope.org/Members/MacGregor/ExtFile
The new Version comes with many, many internal changes and some new features
which will (hopefully) make ExtFile/ExtImage even more reliable:
- You can set a 'level of undo' which determines in wich cases the external
file is overwritten/deleted or renamed to '.undo'.
- 'id collision bug' fixed, which caused unreferenced files in the
when an id of a new object already existed (thanks to Fred Yanowski).
Instead of in the __init__ method, the file data is now passed to the
after it has been successfully added, via manage_file_upload.
- 'wrong file size bug' fixed, which caused a wrong file size and resolution
of the image and preview, after a new file was uploaded followed by an
of this transaction. The filesize and resolution attributes have been
replaced by corresponding methods which determine the respective value
directtly from the file(e.g. width(), height(), prev_size(), ...)
- Objects can be assigned an alternative id (instead of the filename) by the
optional 'id' field in the manage_add method of ExtFile and ExtImage.
- Uploaded preview images can be resized during upload (like the generated
- Images can be dynamically resized (thanks to Arno Gross): the index_html
method now has two additional parameters ('width' and 'height') which
the image to be resized on the fly.
- Documentation updated.
Because the product was rewritten in big parts this release is a beta
version which might still have some bugs. I haven't had too much time for
testing, so please report me any bug you find. I hope I will be ableto
the next stable release within the next two or three weeks.