[Zope-Annce] PatchKit allows you simplify your Management Interface

Adrian Hungate ahungate@acucorp.com
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:13:50 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C103D2.C6F5576C

PatchKit 4.1.0 Released!
The latest version of my PatchKit now includes a patch which allows you to
choose product (Well, meta_types) that you do not want to see in the "Select
type to add..." list. It adds a tab to every folderish object, and also to
the Control_Panel called Hide Products.
If you are looking in Control_Panel, or you are a SITE Manager (i.e. a
Manager in the root acl_users), you will see a column of check boxes headed
Exclude? (Global) which allows you to select the products that no one will
see (By default, see below).
If you are looking in a Folder (Other than Control_Panel) you will see two
columns headed Exclude? (Personal) and Include? (Personal). The Exclude
column works the same as the global one (above), but for you only. The
Include column allows you to add products back into your list that are
excluded globally.
This is not meant to be a security feature (Individuals can override the
global settings) but a convenience, reducing the searching needed to find
the product you want to add.
You can download a copy of PatchKit from
http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/PatchKit
Adrian...

------_=_NextPart_001_01C103D2.C6F5576C

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2650.12">
<TITLE>PatchKit allows you simplify your Management Interface</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">PatchKit 4.1.0 =
Released!</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">The latest version of my PatchKit =
now includes a patch which allows you to choose product (Well, =
meta_types) that you do not want to see in the &quot;Select type to =
add...&quot; list. It adds a tab to every folderish object, and also to =
the Control_Panel called<I> Hide Products</I>.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">If you are looking in Control_Panel, =
or you are a<U> SITE</U> Manager (i.e. a Manager in the root =
acl_users), you will see a column of check boxes headed</FONT><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Exclude? (Global)</FONT></I><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> which allows you to select the products =
that</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">no one</FONT></I><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> will see (By default, see below).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">If you are looking in a Folder (Other =
than Control_Panel) you will see two columns headed</FONT><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Exclude? (Personal)</FONT></I><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> and</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Include? (Personal)</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">. =
The</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Exclude</FONT></I><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> column works the same as the global one =
(above), but for you only. The</FONT><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Include</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> column allows =
you to add products back into your list that are excluded =
globally.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">This is not meant to be a security =
feature (Individuals can override the global settings) but a =
convenience, reducing the searching needed to find the product you want =
to add.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">You can download a copy of PatchKit =
from <A HREF=3D"http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/PatchKit" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/PatchKit</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Adrian...</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C103D2.C6F5576C--