[Zope-Annce] CVS migration status

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:04:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hokay, public cvs checkout access is back.  As i've stressed, old
checkouts will go stale.  We're leaving around the current "Zope2" section
for a little while, but we will **not** be applying any revisions to it,
so it will never change (and it will go away, in not too long).

Instead, revisions will happen against the new "Zope" module.  This new
module will have all the accumulated history of the old one, including
tags.  The new organization enables much better modularity, supporting
decomposition of standalone things like StandaloneZODB and transactions.

(CMF, StandaloneZODB, and ZEO checkouts will have the same name, *but
different repository-side structure*, so you need to do new checkouts of
them, as well!)

I believe you should *not* need to redo the cvs login - your old stashed
password should work.  If you *do* need to do a login, you can use any
password with the anonymous account.  For instructions, see:

  http://dev.zope.org/Resources/ZopePublicCVS.html

I've just revised them to reflect the new situation.

Ken
klm@digicool.com