[Zope-Annce] CMF 1.1beta released
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:24:28 -0400 (EDT)
Digital Creations is pleased to announce the beta release of
version 1.1 of its Content Management Framework (CMF).
>From the README:
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of
services and content objects useful for building highly
dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the
CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is
intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the
types of content used and the policies and services it
* "Download the CMF",
* The "CMF site", http://cmf.zope.org.
* The "mailing list", mailto:email@example.com.
- "List information and online signup",
- "Archives of the list",
Please see "Installing CMF",
>From the Changelog:
- Added CMFCore.utils.keywordsplitter to construct 'Subject'
dublin core header from both 'Keywords' and 'Subject' headers
passed in (meta tags/rfc822).
- CMF Document now uses StructuredTextNG for structured text
handling. Nicely enough, it uses the "with images" features, and
also enables named and inner links.
- CMF Document exposes two new accessor methods for getting at the
"cooked" and editable body, 'CookedBody()', and 'EditableBody()'.
Using the 'cooked_text' and 'text' instance attributes should be
- Added new "exemplar" content product, CMFCalendar, which
(for now) adds a simple content object, Event. This product
serves a similar didactic purpose as CMFTopic (which is now
"in the core"): it shows how to build new content types as
- Implemented improved "safety belt" for concurrent Document
editing. See the dogbowl proposal,
- Added new filesystem-based skin method type, FSSTXMethod, for
creating "methods" which render STX.
- Exposed "controlled vocabulary" for Subject in
- Gave 'portal_skins' tool its own PUT_factory (Tracker #238).
Allows site builder to create skin methods via WebDAV/FTP,
including ZPT, PythonScripts, etc.
- Implemented "outbound" segment of the "Syndication tool"
- Made 'PUT_factory' use new 'content_type_registry' tool.
- Made 'PUT_factory' use 'invokeFactory', so that objects
created via PUT have their 'portal_type' set properly.
- Added ContentTypeRegistry class and related predicates for
mapping PUT requests (name,content_type,body) to type object
- Allowed Reviewers to "retract" published content owned by
- Added "Overview" ZMI view to tools.
- Added "Dublin Core" ZMI view to PortalContent; added an
editing view for Document and derivatives.
- Added "drop-in" workflow objects to the WorkflowTool,
including the ability to map workflows onto content types.
- Changed CMFDefault.Portal to install CMF Topic by default
when building a new CMF Site.
- Added a new criteria type, *FriendlyDateCriterion*, to
CMFTopic for building queries like 'When effective_date is
less than five days old'.
- Implemented 'portal_metadata' tool. See the dogbowl
- Extended DirectoryView objects to reload when the directory
they represent has changed, if Zope is running in debug mode.
- Added hooks to CookieCrumbler to permit site managers to
customize seting/expiring of the authentication cookie by
adding PythonScripts; two default filesystem implementations
are in CMFDefault's "control" skin.
- Extended TypesTool to deal appropriately with DTML factory
methods (e.g., for ZClasses).
- Made FSDTMLMethods searchable from the ZMI (Issue PTK(251)).
- plus numerous bugfixes.
Tres Seaver firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Creations "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.org