[Zope-Annce] CollectorReplacment online

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:18:59 -0500 (EST)

We finally have a new version of the Zope bug collector in place, at:

  http://new.zope.org/Collector

Note that it's *new*.zope.org not the main www.zope.org site.  This is
because the new collector is built on the CMF, which is part what will
be the new site (once it's commissioned).

I realize this has taken longer to land than any of us would like - we're
eager to resume collect and addressing the important bugs, and i know some
of you have important ones you're yearning to submit.  In the interest of
reducing further delays, we're jamming this new collector into production
- we've done what we could to shake out the major bugs (many thanks
particularly to magnus heino for patiently continuing to give it a
whirl!), but i expect there are more to fall out as it gets really used.
Please bear with us - and submit your Zope bugs!

(There's a separate collector for collector-specific issues:

  http://new.zope.org/Members/klm/ColDev

Submit collector bugs and suggestions there.  If the collector is so
whacked you can't even submit your issue, email the description directly
to me.  We'll try to deal with it promptly!

The collector is an installed product on new.zope.org - anyone with an
account there can create an instance of their own to play with, in their
member folder, and the product is checked into the Zope public CVS
repository (cvs.zope.org) as CMF/CMFCollector.)

Happy reporting!-)

--
Ken Manheimer
klm@zope.com