[Zope-Annce] ZBabel 2.0.0 beta 1 released

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 20:14:46 -0500

Hello everyone,

I am very pleased to announce The Zope Babel Translation System 2.0.0 beta
1. It has been a while that I made a release, but I finally got around it
and made some of the annoying bug fixes.

Some of the new "features" in this release include:

- Made ZBabel Zope 2.4 & Python 2.1 compatible by replacing regex
   with re and fixing a bug in the tag code.

- Finally added support, so that an attribute in any tag of the kind
   name='value' is interpreted as name having a string (and not an expression)
   as value.

- Made the 'SQL Methods' and 'Init Tables/Views' Zope GUI 2.3+ compatible.

- Added a management screen (not available over a tab) that allows to edit
   long phrases by providing textareas. You can get to this screen by
   clicking on the label of the phrase. When you press "Edit", then you will
   be brought back to the regular translation screen.

Please feel free to send me any comments and criticism to srichter@cbu.edu.

Regards,
Stephan

--