[Zope-Annce] GraphMethod 0.3.0 released

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 03 Jan 2002 20:15:18 -0600

Hello everyone,

I am proud to release the latest version of GraphMethod, which has been
totally rewritten to support a Graphic Module Plug-in architecture. So far
I support PIL and GD. I also have an experimental implementation of PLPlot,
which works but is not pretty yet, simply because the API is very complex
and I do not know it well. I would love to receive improvements!

Go to http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/GraphMethod (iuveno Demo
Site) for more information and the download.

Features:
- Making normal and animated GIFs!
- Graph Tools include flexible classes for Arrows, Vectors, Grids, X-Axis,
Y-Axis,
   Coordinate System, Data Point, Function Curve and Random Value Curve.
- Once a Coordinate System is setup, you can use its dimensions to put
objects,
   like vectors or data points on it.
- Since the image is rendered on the fly, you can use dynamic components.
- Plug-in Architecture for different Graphing Libraries
- 3 Plug-ins are provided: PIL, GD and PLPlot
- There is a choice between various graphic formats, which usually include
JPEG,
   PNG and GIF.

Regards,
Stephan