[Zope-Annce] Silva initial public release
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:56:39 +0200
Infrae is proud to release Silva. Silva is a through-the-web
authoring system for structured content (and a lot more, see features).
Silva is open source.
See here for more information and download:
Features (version 0.8)
* Through-the-web (browser based) structured document editor.
* Editor produces structured XML which can then be displayed as
HTML in a web page, or exported (i.e. for publication on paper
as PDF or import into MS Word). This also future proofs the
* Infinitely nested hierarchy of publications and folders to
* Metadata per content object.
* Has its own through-the-web user interface with easy access to
* Also possible to descend to Zope user interface for fine-grained
Workflow and versioning
* Publication workflow; approval by (chief)editor is needed in
order to publish content. Content can be published as well as
expired automatically at a set time.
* Versioning of content. Authors can work on new versions of
documents while a previous version remains published.
* Editor can manage publication status of large quantities of
documents in one screen.
* Separation of responsibilities between author, editor and chief
* Delegation of responsibilities. Editors can create authors,
chief editors can assign editors. No one-person bottleneck
holding up publication.
* LDAP connection is possible using LDAPUserFolder. Search
interface for people in LDAP, scaling to large quantities of
* Open source & Free Software (BSD license).
* Integrates with Zope Page Templates, DTML and Python Scripts.
* Extensible Model/View/Controller architecture for both the
editor and user interface.
* Cross platform; known to work on Linux, Solaris, Windows, Mac OS
X and SGI.