[Zope-Annce] External Editor 0.3 - New Improved Formula!

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
17 Jun 2002 00:54:53 -0400

Announcing the 0.3 release of External Editor. The sane solution for
editing through the web.

Here's what's new in 0.3:

- Windows support

- https tested and working

- Pass command line arguments directly to editors

- New configuration options

- Now works with ZClasses (purists avert your eyes 8^)

- Product now works with Zope 2.3.x

- Much refactoring and many bug fixes!

Download at:

http://www.zope.org/Members/Caseman/ExternalEditor/

I want to thank everyone who has contributed valuable feedback, patches,
suggestions, encouragement, and testing time to this product. It makes a
big difference. I encourage you to tell me what you think of the product
and how it might be improved. Thanks again!

What is it?

External editor is a new way to edit through the web. Instead of crappy
textareas and kludgy protocols, External editor lets you use the editor
of your choice directly from your browser.

Once configured you can click on the edit icon in the ZMI and use your
favorite client side applications to edit your Zope objects. Works with
both text and binary data. Works with any browser that supports helper
applications.

Enjoy!

-Casey