[Zope-Annce] CMF 1.4beta1 Released
28 Apr 2003 15:24:37 -0400
Zope Corporation is pleased to announce the first beta release of
version 1.4 of the Zope Content Management Framework (CMF). This
release contains a number of new features, as well as significant bug
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of
services and content objects useful for building highly
dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the
CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is
intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the
types of content used and the policies and services it
Where do I get it?
Download it from "cmf.zope.org",
Points of interest:
- "Windows ZIP file",
- "Unix tar/gzip archive",
- "Release notes",
- "Change history",
- "Installation instructions",
Where do I go to learn more?
The "CMF mailing list":mailto:email@example.com has many
participants who are active in supporting the CMF.
...to report bugs?
The "CMF Collector", http://collector.zope.org/CMF is ths place
to report bugs (please search for existing reports of your
New Features in 1.4beta1
- ZPT skins have been internationalized (thanks to Gitte Wange and
Yvo Schubbe for their hard work).
- Location of member folders is now customizable.
- Type information objects now use TALES to specify actions,
- Metadata for filesystem-based skin objects is now consolidated
into a single '.metadata' file.
- Selected skin can now be changed via scripting.
- Improved integration of filesystem skin methods with standard
Tres Seaver firstname.lastname@example.org
Zope Corporation "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.com