[Zope-Annce] Releasing RevisionManager 1.2rc1
Philipp von Weitershausen
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:24:52 +0200
Once again, I am proud to announce another RevisionManager release. A
big thanks goes to ZopeMag which has been sponsoring development since
the 1.0 release.
The first release candidate for RevisionManager 1.2 brings the following
* Many performance improvements have been made. Performance has
more than doubled for some actions. Thanks to Dieter Maurer for
ZopeProfiler which made profiling very easy.
* RevisionManager now has simple support for branches and sticky
tags (creating a new branch, moving to a branch, reverting a
* RevisionManager can use the name of the user that is currently
logged onto Zope to connect to a pserver or RSH/SSH server.
* RevisionManager can now append ZODB history information (changes
to the object since the last RevisionManager action) to the log
message upon committing objects. Be aware that this slows down
committing because each objects has to be comitted independendly.
* Added 'force checkout' action. This allows one to force a checkout
and thus revert local changes.
* Several bugfixes. Thanks to Christian Theune for helping debugging
a very tricky bug.
If you already have an instance of RevisionManager, please follow the
instructions in the INSTALL.txt file, section 4 Upgrading.
You may download RevisionManager at: