[Zope-Annce] ANN: PloneCollectorNG 1.1.0 beta 1 released
andreas at andreas-jung.com
Tue Dec 9 12:22:09 EST 2003
I am pleased to announce the FINAL release of
PloneCollectorNG 1.1.0 beta 1(PCNG)
PCNG is a bugtracking system for Plone. It is based on the concepts and
ideas of CMFCollector and CMFCollectorNG but it is a complete re-write.
PCNG is a very generic and open framework (you can configure nearly
This release REQUIRES Archetypes AT 1.3 (currently unreleased and only
available as CVS checkout Archetypes/HEAD). Older Archetypes versions
(including 1.2.1) WILL NOT WORK. This major step was necessary because
a lot Archetypes hacks in PCNG 1.0.0 were backported to Archetypes CVS/HEAD.
This release also breaks compatibility with portal_forms. CMFFormController
is now mandatory.
There is a risk that this release might break an existing PCNG instance.
So BACKUP YOUR DATA first. The goal for 1.1.0 final is to be compatible
with exisitings installations so please let me know if there are any
Changes since 1.0.0:
- Archetypes 1.3 integration (AT 1.3/CVS HEAD is now mandatory !!!)
- !SchemaEditor: moved significant parts of the code into Archetypes
API cleanup, UI cleanup, updated widgets, several fixes and
- Issue references: now using native extende references support of
References are now always show in "view" mode. The dedicated
has been redesigned
- Collector maintenance tab: new view to find zombie tickets
- Dropped compatibility with portal_forms. Using !CMFFormController is
- minor UI fixes for Plone 2 RC2
- Migration script now handles the migration of references *within*
a tracker (no cross references to issues in other trackers)
- PDF generation is now i18n-aware
- new collector maintenance option to recreate Archetypes UIDs for
- searches can be saved
- License changed to be GPL-compatible
PloneCollectorNG is fully internationalized. If you want PCNG to support
that translate the catalog file (i18n folder) to your language and submit
it to me.
Wiki + Download: http://www.zope.org/Members/ajung/PloneCollectorNG
More information about the Zope-Announce