[Zope-Annce] TriZPUG January Meeting: Current - Exploring a real world program

Tom Bryan tbryan@python.net
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:56:37 +0500

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its third meeting this
Wednesday, January 29, at 6:30 p.m. in Raleigh, NC. We will be meeting in the
DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to use
their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus. Directions to Venture III
are below. Hunter Matthews will be giving a talk about one of his projects:
Current.

Hope to see you there!

Title: Current - Exploring a real world program
Current is a open-source reverse engineered up2date server (for Red Hat linux
systems). It is implemented entirely in python, and uses several different
kinds of technology.  Data storage, network service, logging/debugging,
cryptography, security and future growth are all areas covered in most
programming books, but rarely do they give you an idea of what real users in
real situations will hand you.  This talk will attempt to do that.

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
Note that we will be meeting in a different location from our previous
meetings.   If you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus, try the
following link http://centennial.ncsu.edu/howtogethere/htgh.htm
If you need directions to the Venture III building, follow this link
http://lts.ncsu.edu/about/venture3.html, but skip step #3 since the meeting
is after hours.

For more about TriZPUG: