[Zope-Annce] DirectoryStorage 1.1 beta 1
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:30:00 +0000
=2D----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I am pleased to announce the first beta release version 1.1.
This has been a long time moving from alpha to beta release, so I expect th=
beta cycle to move quickly. Changes in this release include:
1. Replication! Keep an online backup copy of your storage up to date with =
latest changes from the master. I am currently running this from cron every=
minute of the day. Like the rest of DirectoryStorage this is designed to be=
robust, safe, and manageable. Replication is efficient - It uses ssh to=20
connect replica to master. If your users have added a 100k file to your=20
storage then replication is only marginally less efficient than using scp t=
copy a 100k file. Full Documentation is at=20
2. Some tweaks to the packing strategy. This shaves a little time and memory
when packing a typical storage.
3. Support for classes that keep their history longer than normal. This is=
useful if you want to keep all revisions of a class for auditing purposes, =
because you want to view extra history of a class using a Zope 'history' ta=
4. Support for keeping less information about ancient transactions. This is=
typically a 5% space saving if you dont mind Zope's history tab showing=20
nothing for objects that havent been modified since the last pack.
5. Added read-only mode.
6. This release does not fix any critical bugs. Anyone happy with 1.0.0 nee=
not feel any pressure to upgrade.
Detailed Change Log:
=2D----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)
=2D----END PGP SIGNATURE-----