[Zope-Annce] Silva 0.9.2 alpha version released
Fri, 23 May 2003 18:36:27 +0200
Infrae is happy to have released the alpha version of the upcoming
This is an alpha, so it is not feature complete yet and most probably
However, it provides a preview of new functionality:
* Thoroughly revised user interface.
* Completely new, flexible metadata architecture.
* All text - including metadata - is stored as unicode.
* Everything is now indexed using the Zope catalog.
* Increased performance, both for public views and for the Silva edit
It is strongly advised *not* to use this version for production sites!
Due to changes in the content structure this version will not work
with existing Silva content. The beta version and final release
version will include a content upgrade script.
We do encourage testing this alpha. Please report any bugs and other
issues to Infrae and discuss this version on the Silva mailinglists:
The alpha version can be downloaded at:
This tarball contains the required Product versions of Silva,
Formulator, ProxyIndex, PortalAnnotations and SilvaMetadata.