[Zope-Annce] CPS 3.0beta2 released
sf at nuxeo.com
Mon Nov 3 11:51:15 EST 2003
Nuxeo CPS is an extensive collaborative Web content management system
(CMS) implemented on top of Zope and the CMF. Nuxeo CPS enables
organizations to easily, quickly and efficiently implement collaborative
intranet, extranet or internet applications.
CPS3 is the next generation of CPS, and builds on the strengths of CSP2.
As CPS2, it provides:
* Collaborative publication of documents
* Indexation and previewing of office automation documents (MS
Office, StarOffice, OpenOffice.org, PDF, RTF, XML, etc. ).
* Integrated search engine
* Mailing lists
* Integrated Meta Directory
* Security (based on roles)
The new functionalities and features only available on CPS3 are:
* Flexible revision and translation framework for content.
* Single repository for content objects, that stores versions of
* Event service: flexible tool to manage communication between tools.
* Everything is workflow-driven, with placeful (local) workflow
association. Workflow can be tuned for very different purposes (e.g.
collaboration vs. publication).
* Portal customisation system based on "boxes" with several boxes
types already provided.
* Internationalisation (2 language are currently available in this
beta: english and french).
You can find more information about CPS3 in the EuroPython slides
See also the Nuxeo web site (http://www.nuxeo.com/en/) and CPS Project
(http://www.cps-project.org/) for more details.
There is now a cps-devel mailing list
(http://lists.nuxeo.com/mailman/listinfo/cps-devel) for CPS3 (and CPS2)
developers. CPS users lists (cps-users (english:
http://lists.nuxeo.com/mailman/listinfo/cps-users) and cps-users-fr
(french: ttp://lists.nuxeo.com/mailman/listinfo/cps-users-fr)) are also
Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
More information about the Zope-Announce