[Zope-Annce] PloneCollectorNG 1.0 beta 2 released
lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Nov 10 15:32:47 EST 2003
I am pleased to announce the release of
PloneCollectorNG 1.0 beta 2 (PCNG)
PCNG is a bugtracking system for Plone. It is based on the concepts and
ideas of CMFCollector and CMFCollectorNG but it is a complete re-write.
One major highlight of this new version is the built-in TTW editor for
Archetypes schemas. This means you can edit the complete fields for your
issue (field types and widgets) through-the-web including the use of
schemats etc. Another goal of the new implementation was to focus on
security. So I dropped the old workflow and created a new one (which is
much simpler). The codebase is very small and generic and therefore very
much extensible for the future.
Changes since V 1.0 beta 1
- the complete UI for issues is now generic. No more needs to touch the
- UI: using fieldsets instead of <DIV class="group"> etc.
- added a new member preference to turn email notifications on/off
- lots of minor UI improvements and cleanup
- completed migration script for CMFCollectorNG -> PloneCollectorNG
- Upgrade maintenance option for changed collector schemas
- Collector and Issue instance use now !BTreeFolder2 as base class
(this might raise some upgrade problems with existing PCNG instances).
- added 'pcng_overview' for an overview over all collector instances
including some stats
- added filters to search form
If you upgrade from an earlier release of PCNG you should re-install
using the Add/Remove products in the Plone setup.
ATTENTION TO USERS of Plone 2.0 beta 3:
portal_workflow has been removed in Plone 2b3 from the action
This is a *big problem* and will be fixed in the next Plone release.
To fix this:
- remove the "deleteActionProvider()" call in
CMFPlone/setup/ConfigurationMethods.py line 175
- *recreate* your Plone 2.0 site (if created *with* Plone 2.0 beta 3)
- there is currently no support from my side to re-enable the
portal_workflow as action provider for Plone sites created under
Plone 2.0 beta 3
Wiki and Download:
More information about the Zope-Announce