[Zope-Annce] Archetypes 1.2.0-beta3 Released
Sidnei da Silva
sidnei at awkly.org
Thu Nov 13 12:53:21 EST 2003
We are proud to present the beta 3 release of Archetypes 1.2.0. This
release includes the following improvements, in no particular order:
- Added two new classes: BaseContentMixin and BaseFolderMixin which
are exactly like BaseFolder and BaseContent, but without the
ExtensibleMetadata. In fact, they are BaseFolder and BaseContent
stripped down and BaseFolder and BaseContent just subclass them.
- BaseObject now uses getCharset to consistently use the portal
charset in all places where unicode is used.
- Added tests for External Editor integration. Make sure a BaseUnit
is always returned.
- Merged patch by Ricardo Lemmi for GadflyStorage.
- Fixed unicode tests that were broken
- Added a few marshaller tests (to check that both a .doc and a .rst
file are uploaded and retrieved correctly by default)
- Fixed BaseObject.get_size() to behave correctly w/ regards to
DateTime fields and other fields that are not easily measureable
- Added an optional 'values' keyword argument to processForm which
has preference over REQUEST.form
- Various improvements on schema migration, thanks to Geoff Davis
- DisplayList is now publically accessible. That means you can import
it from Script (Python)
With those changes, Archetypes is now quickly approaching a final and
This release no more includes a CVS checkout of
PortalTransforms, since a release has been made last week. Instead,
you can get PortalTransforms from this location:
See the PortalTransforms announcement here:
OTOH, this release includes ArchGenXML, which is a tool to generate
Archetypes-enabled products from UML diagrams. From ArchGenXML README:
ArchGenXML is a commandline utility that generates Plone
applications based on the Archetypes framework from XMI (UML) and
XSD (XMLSchema) files.
It is tested with the XMI output from the following tools:
ObjectDomain, Sybase PowerDesigner, ArgoUML, Poseidon, KDE's
The Archetypes tarball can found at:
Have fun and please report any bugs you may find at the Archetypes SF
Thank you for listening!
On behalf of the Archetypes Team,
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true
Ignorance is bliss.
-- Thomas Gray
Fortune updates the great quotes, #42:
BLISS is ignorance.
More information about the Zope-Announce