[Zope-Annce] PloneCollectorNG 1.0 alpha 2 released

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Oct 30 12:32:40 EST 2003

I am pleased to announce the release of

   PloneCollectorNG 1.0 alpha 2 (PCNG)

PCNG is a bugtracking system for Plone. It is based on the concepts and
ideas of CMFCollector and CMFCollectorNG but it is a complete re-write.

One major highlight of this new version is the built-in TTW editor for
Archetypes schemas. This means you can edit the complete fields for your
issue (field types and widgets) through-the-web including the use of
schemats etc. Another goal of the new implementation was to focus on
security. So I dropped the old workflow and created a new one (which is
much simpler). The codebase is very small and generic and therefore very
much extensible for the future.

Changes since 1.0a1:

    * improved I18N support (skins, core messages)
    * Schemaeditor: Vocabularies accept now an entry "method:METHODNAME" to
specify a callback method that is used to retrieve the DisplayList instance
for the vocabulary
    * File upload: Images are now stored as Portal Image instances and no
longer as Portal File instances
    * Uploaded files can now be attached to notification emails
    * misc typos, fixes

Wiki and Download:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/ajung/PloneCollectorNG

Cheers,