[Zope-Annce] ANN: PloneCollectorNG 1.1.0 Beta 3 released
lists at andreas-jung.com
Sun Jan 18 07:51:47 EST 2004
I am pleased to announce the release of
PloneCollectorNG 1.1.0 beta 3(PCNG)
PCNG is a bugtracking system for Plone. It is based on the concepts and
ideas of CMFCollector and CMFCollectorNG but it is a complete re-write.
PCNG is a very generic and open framework (you can configure nearly
This release **REQUIRES Archetypes AT 1.3**. **Older Archetypes versions
(including 1.2.1) WILL NOT WORK**. This major step was necessary because
a lot Archetypes hacks in PCNG 1.0.0 were backported to Archetypes CVS/HEAD.
This release also breaks compatibility with portal_forms. CMFFormController
is now mandatory.
There is a risk that this release might break an existing PCNG instance.
So BACKUP YOUR DATA first. The goal for 1.1.0 final is to be compatible
with exisitings installations so please let me know if there are any
Changes since 1.1.0 beta 2:
- SchemaEditor raised an AttributeError if 'Create index' has not been
an Archetypes field
- Removed german email formatter. The standard email formatter now
languages (available through the !PlacelessTranslationService)
- using the Archetypes API to accessing or storing fields (no longer
the storage interface directly)
- fixed several unicode related problems which caused problems with
using UTF8 as site encoding
- pdfwriter ships with the Vera truetype font provided for free for
projects by Bitstream (www.bitstream.com). This is necessary because
is not directly capable to generate PDFs from UTF8 encoded text
- PlacelessTranslationService: This version of !PloneCollectorNG
an up-to-date version of PTS (best to get a CVS checkout from the
CVS, see http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/opental). Older version
raise an !AttributeError 'as_unicode' exception.
- Unicode support rewritten: The transcript is now completely
Email formatters and pdf writter use unicode for generating the
IF YOU UPGRADE FROM FORMER VERSIONS OF PloneCollectorNG:
- backup your Data.fs (!) first
- for every PloneCollectorNG instance you **MUST** run the
script on the instance to convert the collectors transcript to
PloneCollectorNG is fully internationalized. If you want PCNG to support
that translate the catalog file (i18n folder) to your language and submit
it to me.
Documentation Wiki: http://www.zope.org/Members/ajung/PloneCollectorNG
Commercial support: http://www.zopyx.com
More information about the Zope-Announce