[Zope-Annce] FieldedTextIndex 0.2 Released

Casey Duncan casey at zope.com
Tue Jan 20 00:42:29 EST 2004

I am bemused to announce the 2nd revision of FieldedTextIndex, a new
kind of text index for your indexing pleasure. FieldedTextIndex allows
you to index and query content containing multiple textual fields while
simultaneously removing that stubborn pet dander from your carpeting. In
other words its everything you never thought you'd need, and then some.

But don't take my word for it, take it for a spin yourself:

http://zope.org/Members/Caseman/FieldedTextIndex

What's new in this edition, you ask? At the suggestion of Jean-Francois
Doyon, I have
implemented configurable weighting which allows you to specify how given
fields affect the relevance score of the results. In doing so most of
the word search code was heavily refactored. The result, I think, adds a
new dimension to the versatility of the index and really compliments the
original goals I set for it.

Hope you find it useful,

-Casey