[Zope-Annce] Zope/Python Users Group in Washington, DC Re-Formed

Joel Burton joel at joelburton.com
Fri Jul 2 07:37:08 EDT 2004

After a hiatus, a new group for Python, Zope, and Plone programmers in
DC is forming. Our goal is to network and further educate ourselves on
programming in Python. While not exclusively for Zope or Plone
developers, we expect there to be a focus for these technologies.

We have a formation meeting scheduled:

  Thursday, July 8th
  7:00pm-9:00pm
  Porter Novelli Board Room, 1909 K Street NW.

This is very close to both the red line and orange lines of the DC
Metro, and close to many restaurants and bars. For information on the
meeting, please see http://zpugdc.org/meetings/mtg1.

At our first meeting, we'd like to plan the group and gauge
interest for regular meetings and presentations.

After the meeting, we'll likely adjourn to a nearby bar for a round of
drinks.

Our mailing list will announce future meetings, and provide
social, job-board, and technical support for DC-area Python,
Zope, and Plone users. You can subscribe by sending an email
(with the subject "subscribe") to zpugdc at lists.zpugdc.org.
You can read archives of the mailing list at
http://www.zpugdc.org/lists/zpugdc.

If you can't make it, but might be interested in a DC Zope/Python
users group, please email us and let us know: info at zpugdc.org.

Thanks!

- Joel Burton
  for the Zope/Python Users Group of DC.