[Zope-Annce] CMF 1.5.0alpha Released (redux)
tseaver at zope.com
Fri Jul 9 17:40:17 EDT 2004
(Resent after correcting silly copy-and-paste oversight)
Zope Corporation is pleased to announce the release of version
1.5.0alpha of the Zope Content Management Framework (CMF). This
release is intended for testing purposes only; a beta release
should follow within two weeks.
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of
services and content objects useful for building highly
dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the
CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is
intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the
types of content used and the policies and services it
Where do I get it?
Download it from "cmf.zope.org",
Points of interest include:
- "Windows ZIP file",
- "Unix tar/gzip archive",
- "Release notes",
- "Change history",
- "Installation instructions",
Where do I go to learn more?
The "CMF mailing list":mailto:zope-cmf at zope.org has many
participants who are active in supporting the CMF.
...to report bugs?
The "CMF Collector":http://zope.org/Collectors/CMF
is ths place to report bugs (please search for existing
reports of your issue first!)
New Features in 1.5.0 alpha
- CMF 1.5 requires Zope 2.7.0 or later.
- CMFActionIcons product is now shipped as part of the CMF release.
- New portal_setup tool provides export / import of various site
configuration choices, both as tarballs and as TTW "snapshots".
- Extended UI for site managers to create / review / delete members.
- Method aliases ease localization / rationalization of action URLs.
- ZPT skins no longer depend on older DTML skin directories.
- See the "change history",
for a complete listing of new features added and bugs fixed
in this release.
Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Zope Corporation "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.com
More information about the Zope-Announce