[Zope-Annce] CPS 3.1.0 (development branch) has been released today.
sf at nuxeo.com
Mon May 10 14:59:52 EDT 2004
CPS 3.1.0 (development branch) has been released today.
CPS 3.1.0 (development branch) is an intermediate release that takes
place in the development process of the future stable release of CPS3,
which will be CPS 3.2.0 (stable branch). It is fairly stable, and most
of the products are currently used in production, but, except for unit
tests which are usually written along the code, it has not received
yet a thourough QA process. Some API may also change until CPS 3.2.
It has been tested and should work on Zope 2.6.1, 2.6.4 and 2.7.0. It
includes the new CMF 1.4.3 as well as several other third-party
CPS 3.1.0 (development branch) improvements over CPS 3.0 are the
* Interoperability and accessibility improvements: switch to XHTML
1.0 Transitional and move to more semantic HTML code. This is an
ongoing effort to soon switch to XHTML 1.0 Strict and to assert
the degree of accessibility of CPS with respect to the Web
Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
* A new CPSSubscriptions product which brings a powerful and
generic subscription and notification framework for CPS.
* Thanks to the many users' and clients' feedback, many bug fixes
and improvements on the CPSDocument and CPSSchemas products
have been done. Those result in more usable widgets and forms in
particular and in a more enjoyable user experience in general.
* Many bug fixes in the CPSCalendar (= shared calendar) product.
* General switch to the CPSSchema/CPSDocument framework. Most of the
CPS components are now CPSDocuments on their own with all the new
functionalities and services that it provides. So Sections,
Workspaces and CPSForum posts are all now CPSDocuments.
* Use of the new CPSInstaller product for easier understanding,
maintenance, stability and third party developments over CPS.
* Indexation and previewing of new document types: MS Excel, MS
* Integration of the CPSRSS syndication product.
* Integration of the CPSChat chat product.
* Integration of the CPSCollector poll and user input collector (not
converted yet to CPSSchema/CPSDocument, though).
* Integration of the popular third-party CPSSkins theme creation
and management product by Jean-Marc Orliaguet. (screenshots
* New translation: German, which brings to 6 the number of languages
available for CPS (some of these translation may not be complete
as of now):
+ Spanish (thanks to Álvaro Tejero Cantero)
+ Italian (thanks to Paolo Dina)
+ Dutch (thanks to CapGemini Belgium)
+ German (thanks to Georg Hennemann)
* In summary, there have been about 1200 commits by 13 commiters
since the CPS 3.0 release.
CPS 3.1.0 is available at:
What is CPS ?
Nuxeo CPS is an extensive collaborative Web content management
system (CMS) implemented on top of Zope and the CMF. Nuxeo CPS enables
organizations to easily, quickly and efficiently implement
collaborative intranet, extranet or internet applications.
CPS3 is the next generation of CPS, and builds on the strengths of
As CPS2, it provides:
* Collaborative publication of documents
* Indexation and previewing of office automation documents (MS
Office, StarOffice, OpenOffice.org, PDF, RTF, XML, etc.).
* Integrated search engine
* Mailing lists
* Integrated Meta Directory
* Security (based on roles)
The new functionalities and features only available on CPS3 are:
* Flexible revision and translation framework for content.
* Single repository for content objects, that stores versions of
* Event service: flexible tool to manage communication between
* Everything is workflow-driven, with placeful (local) workflow
association. Workflow can be tuned for very different purposes
(e.g. collaboration vs. publication).
* Portal customisation system based on "boxes" with several boxes
types already provided.
You can find more information about CPS3 in the EuroPython 2003
See also the Nuxeo web site and CPS Project for more details.
There is a cps-devel mailing list for CPS3 (and CPS2) developers.
CPS users lists (cps-users (english) and cps-users-fr
(french)) are also available.
Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 307 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-announce/attachments/20040510/026640c1/sf.vcf
More information about the Zope-Announce