[Zope-Annce] Zwiki 0.46 released, Zwiki world news
simon at joyful.com
Sun Oct 2 06:43:00 EDT 2005
Zwiki is a powerful, easy-to-use GPL wiki engine for Zope. It works in
both standard Zope and CMF/Plone. You can find out all about it at
A productive month. Outside the product release notes, here's what I
remember off the top of my head -
The zwiki.org discussion setup has been simplified; the mail lists have
been retired, and the main discussion page is called GeneralDiscussion
again. http://zwiki.org/AboutZwikiDiscussion explains all.
I'm offering free experimental zwiki hosting at http://zwiki.org/ZwikiFarm .
plone.zwiki.org has moved to http://plone.demo.zwiki.org . Old urls
should still work.
http://notes.demo.zwiki.org demonstrates a zwiki configured as a
personal notes wiki/outliner.
http://wikimatrix.joyful.com (and http://squeak.joyful.com/Packages)
demonstrate a simple matrix/database app using structured wiki data.
http://zwiki.org/FrontPage has a new layout and demonstrates blog-style
display of recent pages, inspired by Michael Haubenwallner and others.
http://joyful.com lists all wikis on this server.
I've been updating the blog at http://joyfulsystems.blogspot.com .
We now have a wikipedia entry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwiki
A nicer darcs web interface has been installed, see zwiki-org -> darcs
or http://joyful.com/darcs . There were 106 darcs commits this month,
probably a new record.
Zwiki 0.46.0 2005/10/01
Per-user mailout policy, skins reorganization, plugin architecture
enhancements, support for boring pages, wicked link syntax, favicons and
separate create form, better logging, many code cleanups & bugfixes.
To make your rss feeds and zwiki.org-style blog listings less junky, do
SomePage/setupCatalog to add the new isBoring index.
An mailout_policy folder property with value "edits" overrides the
per-user policy (see below), but this may be dropped in a future release.
* fix __implements__ attribute error when CMF is not installed
* make Zwiki startup more robust with strange locales/strange
* make zmi add wiki form use a btreefolder
* don't break when adding a wiki with id home (#591)
* drop unnecessary loading plugins message at startup
* don't log a warning at startup when the system locale is None
* clarify missing PTS warning at startup
* make fit import failure warning at startup less troubling
* fix a case where a page upgrade wouldn't get logged
* don't break when displaying a page whose page type has been
* wiki subscriber mail-out, rss feeds and blog listings will ignore
boring pages TestPage, SandBox and their offspring, by default.
You can configure different pages in a boring_pages lines folder
property, one per line. An isBoring index has been added to the
standard catalog fields, run /setupCatalog to add it.
* set a true use_double_parenthesis_links property to enable
Wicked-style double parenthesis syntax for freeform wiki links.
This is for world users who can't easily type .
* rename and delete no longer check for a username in addition to
the permissions (though the skin may still hide them without a
* the /changes_rss feed now shows the edit diff
* misc_/* image paths are now relative to be more robust with
* be sure to create our own recycle_bin even if the parent folder
* purple numbers now disabled by default
* allow create to be called directly by page management form
* add "all edits" checkboxes to subscribeform. Zwiki can now send
comments to some, edits to others.
* reparent now also sends a mailout
* remove (new), add (edit) in mailout subjects for clarity
* just say "links updated" in rename mailout subject
* use more consistent (property change) in issue mailouts, and don't
say it if no property changed
* /issuebrowser was showing filter issues form
General - skins
* big skins reorganization to reduce duplication
* use a separate createform skin template for creating pages if present
* hide most of the wiki action links by default in standard skin
* tweak page management form layout in standard skin
* drop unnecessary extra text from page management form in cmf/plone
* remove old _ and = access keys from /showAccessKeys
* register just the zwiki_standard skin with FilesystemSiteDirectory
* italicise log notes in recent changes
* if a |favicon| object is present, set it as the page icon in the
* don't let recentchanges break when a page type has been uninstalled
* use the word "page" instead of "subtopic" in the page management form
* don't let non-template objects with the same id hide our skin
templates; improve bad template error
* remove the h2 bottom border style
* remove stray commas in page templates causing log warnings
* drop uploaded and wikinav_portlet templates from plone skin
* split content/ into wikis/ and scripts/
* strip html tags in the page summary, and add renderedSummary which
does formatting and linking
* rename all pagetypes' renderXIn methods to format
* plugins can now be packages or files
* plugins can now override any method in the product core
* add support for emacs-style "hooks" for customization by plugins
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Zope-Announce