[Zope-Annce] CMF 2.1.0-beta released
jens at dataflake.org
Fri Mar 9 04:41:25 EST 2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The CMF developer community is hereby announcing the release of CMF
version 2.1.0-beta. The CMF 2.1 series will be used as the foundation
for the Plone 3.0 release, which will see its first beta over the next
few days as well.
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of services and
content objects useful for building highly dynamic, content-oriented
portal sites. The CMF provides the foundation for popular software
packages such as Plone. It is intended to be easily customizable, in
terms of both the types of content used and the policies and services
Where do I get it?
For release files, change logs, installation instructions and more
please visit http://www.zope.org/Products/CMF/CMF-2.1.0-beta.
Roadmap and release information can be found at
The CMF mailing list can be reached at the zope-cmf at zope.org address,
to sign up please visit http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-
Please file bug reports, feature requests or suggestions in the CMF
bug collector at http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF .
What has changed since the last release?
If you upgrade an existing CMF instance to CMF 2.1, please see
INSTALL.txt for instructions on how to run a separate upgrade
- CMFCalendar: Zope3 style browser views are now used by default.
An additional setup profile allows you to hook up the oldstyle
to make customizations TTW.
- DirectoryView: Added 'registerDirectory' ZCML directive.
Using the old registerDirectory method in __init__.py is now
See zcml.IRegisterDirectoryDirective for details.
- DirectoryView: Added support for non-product packages.
This introduces new registry keys. Old registry keys stored in
persistent DirectoryView objects are updated on the fly.
- Document: Added two new methods for safety belt handling.
- setup handlers: Improved properties handler.
It now works with properties using a default_charset other
- Merged patches from Martin Aspeli to enable generating events
and after DCWorkflow transitions, and in the 'notify' methods
workflow tool (http://www.zope.org/Collectors/CMF/461).
- CMFUid.UniqueIdHandlerTool: Touching the internal UID value on a
content item will not cause reindexing all indices anymore,
specific UID index will be touched.
- CMFCore.MembershipTool: Fixed inconsistent behavior where
would take all user folders up to the Zope root into account
member area creation would not.
- CMFCore.MembershipTool/CMFDefault.MembershipTool: when using an
object without a __nonzero__ but with a __len__ (ala
CMFBTreeFolder) as a member folder, the createMemberArea method
would believe there was no members folder if the folder was
empty, and so would fail (change "not membersfolder" to
"membersfolder is not None") .
- CMFDefault.File and CMFDefault.Image: Restored ZMI Cache tab
lost in CMF 1.6.
- CMFCore.DynamicType: Fixed behaviour regarding default view.
DynamicType was making it impossible to use a Zope3-style
default view for CMF content types.
- Tool lookup and registration is now done "the Zope 3 way" as
Please see docs/ToolsAreUtilities.txt for some developer notes.
- CMFCore utils: Marked 'minimalpath' and 'expandpath' as
- The CMF now depends on Zope 2.10.2 or higher.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Zope-Announce