[Zope-Annce] Enfold Desktop 4.0 release -- it's overhauled and now
runyaga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 11:59:14 EST 2008
Those with short attention spans, can download now:
Enfold Systems today made the first public beta release of Enfold
Desktop 4, the product that makes content managers more productive by
providing Windows desktop access to Plone. With version 4, Enfold
Desktop for the first time will be available to all users free of
charge, for use with any Plone site. You no longer have to explain to
people how to get Web Folder's to work on Windows (often Web Folders
does not work due to Microsofts broken implementation). Enfold
Desktop just works!
New features in Enfold Desktop 4 include:
* Use Enfold Desktop free of charge, without limits on the number
of users or server connections.
* Use the Desktop client component with any Plone site; the
Desktop server component is now optional.
* Install and use the Desktop client on Windows Vista.
* Choose the level of support that's right for you with new annual
* Works with *ANY* DAV Server, Zope, Apache/mod_dav, IIS and Plone!
Enfold Desktop 4 also includes enhancements to the usability and
performance of Desktop's core features:
* Save time uploading content by using drag-and-drop to move
items–individually or in bulk–between the Windows desktop and Plone.
* Save time editing Plone content in programs such as Microsoft
Word, Excel, Dreamweaver or a text editor by opening items directly
from the Windows file manager.
* Also use the Windows file manager to quickly move content within
Plone and change such metadata as name, title, description and
For a full list of changes, see the Enfold Desktop 4 page:
Depending on user feedback, the production-ready Enfold Desktop 4.0
release should be available within a few weeks.
Enfold Systems, Inc.
More information about the Zope-Announce