[Zope-Annce] ZClasses resurrected

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Oct 3 11:14:47 EDT 2009

The Zope developers have ripped out the ZClasses functionality from
the Zope core in version 2.12.

As promised, I have collected the former code in a new package
("dm.zopepatches.zclasses" on PyPI). When imported, this package
uses monkey patching to restore the ZClasses functionality.
New tests verify the functionality as formerly described in the
Zope book (2.7 edition).

To make "ZClasses" available again,
the ZODB root database requires "dm.zopepatches.zclasses.ClassFactory"
as "class-factory" option in the Zope configuration file.
When this option is processed, the package is imported
and the monkey patching takes place.

The current version does not yet restore the "distribution" functionality
(of Zope products). Let me know when you need this functionality.

--
Dieter