[Zope-PTK] LoginManager release (was Re: SQLMember portal error)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 19:27:50 -0500

At 08:46 PM 4/5/00 -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
>Ty Sarna wrote:
>> BTW, the next release will have some incompatible changes that break
>> existing user sources (and Login Methods, but AFAIK nobody else has
>> written any new ones yet) because of a new, cleaner registration
>> mechanism.
>
>Is that the forthcoming we-think-this-week release?

Yep.  It's looking good, although Ty and I both had to raise our Zope
internals Zen a few levels of mastery to finish the PlugIns framework
today.  Tomorrow we plan to do cleanup, documentation, testing, and general
review before release.  The release includes the PlugIns framework, which
everything is now based on, and it includes the base class for
SheetProvider plugins.  By implementing SheetProviders, you can give user
objects property sheet data from absolutely anywhere Zope can access.

Unfortunately, in this release you will have to implement the actual
property sheets yourself, because the SheetProvider base class just has a
stub method for returning a property sheet, but it doesn't actually know
how to make one yet.  :(