[Zope-PTK] SQLMember portal error

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:33:16 -0700

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> As it happens, we've done the same fix, except for the bit I've left below.
>  I'm not sure what the purpose of setting the _v__marker__ on the user
> during the forbiddenPage call is for, since AUTHENTICATED_USER is normally
> 'LoggingInUser' when displaying ForbiddenPage, and 'user' is the variable
> which contains the authenticated user.  It might be useful to reverse this
> convention, I suppose, but I'm not sure what for.

Ahhh, the purpose of that might be useful only for the site we're
building.  Basically there's a protected section of the site that
requires some information that the user doesn't have to fill in right
away when they first register.  When they try to access this section, we
pop up a form for the to fill in additional information.  What we're
actually doing there, is setting the user *back* to the original user,
and not LoggingInUser, so that they can fill out the form and change
their information, at which point they'll get the role required to
access the site.