[Zope-PTK] LoginManager release (was Re: SQLMember portalerror)

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:44:55 -0600

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 08:46 PM 4/5/00 -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
> >Ty Sarna wrote:
> >> BTW, the next release will have some incompatible changes that break
> >> existing user sources (and Login Methods, but AFAIK nobody else has
> >> written any new ones yet) because of a new, cleaner registration
> >> mechanism.
> >
> >Is that the forthcoming we-think-this-week release?
> >

> Yep.  It's looking good, although Ty and I both had to raise our Zope
> internals Zen a few levels of mastery to finish the PlugIns framework
> today.  Tomorrow we plan to do cleanup, documentation, testing, and general
> review before release.  The release includes the PlugIns framework, which
> everything is now based on, and it includes the base class for
> SheetProvider plugins.  By implementing SheetProviders, you can give user
> objects property sheet data from absolutely anywhere Zope can access.
>
> Unfortunately, in this release you will have to implement the actual
> property sheets yourself, because the SheetProvider base class just has a
> stub method for returning a property sheet, but it doesn't actually know
> how to make one yet.  :(

I was working on somehting like this for Banners and the KnowledgeKit
until I heard of the rack concept. I'll be very glad to see this. :)

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.