[Zope-PTK] I could be wrong but my toolbox ain't workin right...

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:44:44 -0700

Hi,

I am having the same problem.  The Pending review link
also quit working for me but, I think that is my having
some of the old permission structures intermixed with
the new evolving permission structures.

I have been trying to understand permissions and roles in
Zope but I am still a newbie and progress is slow.

The (old) Product API tutorial describes permissions as:

  A tuple of tuples, and the inner tuples contain a string, a
  tuple of methods, and optional third tuple of strings.
  i.e. ((permissionName),(methodsToActOn),(OptionalRoles))

            or more correctly:

__ac_permissions__ = (
            ('Permission name',(method,method,method),
               ('Role Name','Role Name')),
            ('Permission name',(method,method,method)),
                     )

The part that I am struggling with is:

Are each of the __ac_permission__ declarations an overwite of
previous declarations?

The order seems to be:
 PortalFolder
   PortalObjectBase (Contribute portal content & Manage portal)

 PortalContent (root of all content? View & Request review)
    Link
    NewsItem
    Portal File  (also OFS.Image.File)
    Portal Image (also OFS.Image.Image)
    Document
       DiscussionItem (also DiscussionResponse)

    Discussable (new base)
    DiscussionResponse (new base)

Has anyone with a clear view of permissions & roles done
a mapping of the strucutures in the PTK and have a roadmap?

Anyway, I am seeing the same problems in toolbox and looking in
to it.

Best,

Chip Vanek
chip@upcast.com