[Zope-PTK] LoginManager and ZPatterns

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:34:36 -0500

At 07:22 PM 4/13/00 -0400, Stefan Langerman wrote:

>The zope.org site announced a new 'LoginManager' product
>based on the ZPatterns product. Is it somehow related to
>PTK's LoginManager?

There is only one LoginManager.  Snapshots of LoginManager versions prior
to 0.8.0 were distributed with the PTK.  I don't know whether Mike P.
intends to continue to bundle the lastest LoginManager with the PTK, or
just tell people to install LoginManager and ZPatterns before installing
the PTK.

In any case, it is the same LoginManager, but since this version was only
just released, it is unlikely that the PTK support for LoginManager has
caught up with it (there were a few internal API changes that probably
would affect the PTK interface to LoginManager).  If you are interested in
using it with the PTK, you may have to do some patching of the PTK at the
moment.