[Zope-PTK] LoginManager and ZPatterns

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:25:21 -0600

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 07:22 PM 4/13/00 -0400, Stefan Langerman wrote:
> >
> >The zope.org site announced a new 'LoginManager' product
> >based on the ZPatterns product. Is it somehow related to
> >PTK's LoginManager?
> >

> There is only one LoginManager.  Snapshots of LoginManager versions prior
> to 0.8.0 were distributed with the PTK.  I don't know whether Mike P.
> intends to continue to bundle the lastest LoginManager with the PTK, or
> just tell people to install LoginManager and ZPatterns before installing
> the PTK.

Hey Mike, any comments? Inguiring minds need to know. :)

> In any case, it is the same LoginManager, but since this version was only
> just released, it is unlikely that the PTK support for LoginManager has
> caught up with it (there were a few internal API changes that probably
> would affect the PTK interface to LoginManager).  If you are interested in
> using it with the PTK, you may have to do some patching of the PTK at the

Any idea how extensive of patching would be neded?
Failing that, do those who are doing it have an estimated timeframe?

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.