[Zope-PTK] Toolbox and other various templates...

Jade Meskill jmeskill@libertydistribution.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:01:45 -0700

Hello PTKers,

	Let me qualify this question by stating that I am rather new to Zope and
the PTK (but I am very impressed with what I have seen so far and hope to
continue learning) and I have a question...  While I was customizing my test
portal I noticed that the toolbox that it called by a python function and is
not a publicly accessible dtml document (or method)...  I did some digging
and found that it is called by the Toolbox.py file and is read from the
dtml/toolbox.dtml file... this is all well and good except that if I make
any changes to the dtml/toolbox.dtml file then it changes it in every
instance of the PTK...  I noticed similar behavior for the newsEdit and
newsView files...  is there any way to make it so you can change the toolbox
and newsview, etc files in the Zope management screen, or is there a Zope
limitation that would make this improbable, or undesirable?  I think it
would make more sense to make these editable within the Zope management
interface, and be local to each instance of the Portal.  If this is doable,
could someone point me in the right direction as to how to get this done, I
am still learning the Zen of Zope and my head is reeling from getting lost
in the sporadic and hard-to-find documentation (which I hear is getting
better and the ZDP is looking good!  So I am not complaining too loudly,
yet... ;)  Thanks in advance!

Jade Meskill