[Zope-PTK] PTK - Putting it all together

Paul Erickson erickson@ifopen.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:31:30 -0600

This is a great question.  I'd like to add a bit to it:

I'd assume that to create a new portal type, you'd inherit from the classes that
"Control_Panel/Products/DemoPortal/Portal" inherited from.  If you look at it's base
classes, they are ZObject, _ZClass_for_DemoPortalBase, and
_ZClass_for_PortalObjectBase.  Since the _ZClass_for* classes aren't in python
anywhere, and they don't show up on the list of classes to inherit from (for a new
ZClass), then where are they defined, and how can they be used?

I can see that they must be derived from DemoPortalBase and PortalObjectBase, but
don't know how.

Thanks,
    -Paul