[Zope-PTK] FYI: Sad news

deano Deano@tomsnyder.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:02:21 -0400

I for one have been nothing but trouble since before I joined the list, but
the PTK is my own personal form of crack, and I'd definitely be willing to
pitch in where my feeble talents permit.

One thing I really liked while going through the archives, was Mike's "Zope
Weekly News-thing", whatever it was called. I don't know how many really
nice products and codelets I found through those that still* don't appear
anywhere else on the zope.org site, or anywhere else obvious (worldpilot
comes to mind).

I've also been thinking that, in addition to listings on the Zope product
pages, PTK add-ons, implementations, 'skins', and whatnot should be listed
at least a little* bit separately. Zope is so nice on its own that I can see
people developing sans-PTK for sometime, and it would be great for people
getting into the PTK to have a resource devoted to projects/products that
interact with/use PTK-isms. Forgive me if anything I'm saying here sounds
particularly foolish, I'm still new at this.

Anyway, with all this in mind, whether the actual coding duties use
Sourceforge/something else, I think we should have some kind of
regularly-updated-but-not-only-in-mailing-list-archive-format site - perhaps
something built on top of PTK?

Just throwing out ideas.

-Deano