[Zope-PTK] PTK II

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:43:11 -0600

"Dan L. Pierson" wrote:

> Bill Anderson writes:
>  > "Dan L. Pierson" wrote:
>  > > What is the difference between this and the Membership product effort
>  > > other than some minimal support for default acl_users membership?
>  >
>  > IIUIC, this would gain you the ability to have a portal site that can
>  > auth against an existing DB (SQL, LDAP, Radius, etc), and/or the
>  > portal specific users db (Persistent ZODB, etc).
>
> Isn't this what UserSources (in the LoginManager that Membership is
> based on, or was last I looked) already give you?

I thought the comparison was between default acl_users and Membership? default acl_users
does not provide the aforementioned capability.

If you were comparing LM to Membership, than yes, the capabilities are the basically the
same, one being an implementation of the other.

Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.