[Zope-PTK] New PTK architecture

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 10:09:41 -0400

Dan wrote:
>Just what do you mean by the verb "allow"?  In particular is
>"portal_registration.allowPassword" a method to change the password or
>to verify one?

Good point.  I have fixed the confusing method names.

>Portal_discussion only has "get" and "allow" methods?  How do you add
>a reply to a discussion?  Is that just a method of the undocumented
>discussable object?

We haven't decided on the implementation of that part.  We'd like to
keep it the same as it is currently as much as possible.  Do you have
any suggestions?  One customer pointed out that many sites would like
the ability to attach new content to an existing discussion, while
opening a new thread in that discussion.

>In general, it would *really* help if you would add one or two
>sentences to every method saying what it's supposed to do.

Basic descriptions are there now.  Sorry about not doing that in the
first place--we all had to go to a meeting right away and I didn't have
time to finish properly.  I just wanted to solicit feedback as soon as
possible, because we need to implement the changes right away.

Shane