[Zope-PTK] A bug with PortalMembership product ?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:42:34 -0600

kamon ayeva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After several attemps, and a re-install with the following combination
> (PTKBase + PTKDemo + ZCallable from latest CVS + (Membership +
> PortalMembership.zexp from Bill Anderson) + latest ZPatterns snapshot +
> latest LoginManager (from Ty Sarna), I was able to add a portal membership
> system at the root of my Zope, but then I can no more log in ? Is it because
> you cannot use it at the root ? Any idea of the problem ?

A bug, in Membership? Likely, it is still alpha. :)

In factm, that version had a typo, leading to the manager user being created without roles.

Simply login as the superuser, go to the acl_users folder, click on ManageUserRoles, view, and modify the roles for the
manager user you added.

Incidentally, there is another problem with it (at least on HPUX), whereby all users' passwords are set to the latest
user's password. I should have an updated version in the next day or so, if this problem persists across platforms.

Bill

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.