[Zope-PTK] Re: [Zope] intermittent problems downloading portal files

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 23:15:56 +0200 (CEST)

Lucas Hofman writes:
 > We use PTK as an intranet for a R&D company. Users publish their reports
 > as in PDF format using portal file object type.
 >
 > Now and then (enough to be irritating, but not reproducable on demand)
 > the PDF file gets corrupted in the download, resulting in the reader
 > complaining (typically "file does not start with %PDF...")
 >
 > The server runs linux (mandrake 7), Zserver2.1.6, Zope 2.1.6 and PTK
 > 0.7.1
 > The clients are heterogenous, IE5, Netscape 4.x on both PC and
 > workstations.
This almost surely is the "Missing Thread Synchronization Bug".
I reported it several month ago (to the list and the collector).

The problem is fixed in Zope 2.2.

My collector report contains a patch for Zope 2.1.6, though
not an optimal one.

Dieter